How to Join Indian Army after 10th, 12th & Graduation?
As we all dream of protecting and serving our nation, and hence many of us want to join INDIAN ARMY. In this article, you will get to know about how to join the after 10th, after 12th & After Graduation.
Indian Army is the oldest and largest branch of the Indian Armed Forces. It provides candidates immense opportunities to join the Indian Army as a clerk, as a soldier, as a doctor, as an engineer, as an officer, and many more posts.
So, if you are further interested in knowing more about how to join the Indian Army after 10th, after 12th & after graduation keeps on reading the article. These are the only three ways to join the Indian Army, we will try to provide you with the knowledge about the same
How to Join the Indian Army after 10th?
Students who have passed their 10th standard with a minimum requirement of more than 40% from a recognized board are eligible to apply in the Indian Army. Then you can apply for the available posts in the Indian Army. It is very important to know for which posts you can apply after clearing the 10th standard.
A candidate can become a driver, cook, or GD Soldier. A candidate can also apply for a tradesman post.
Posts Available After 10th Pass
|General Duty Soldier (Soldier GD)||17 ½ -21 Years|
|Soldier Tradesman||17 ½ -23 Years|
A candidate is not eligible for becoming a technical soldier or an SKT/clerk.
How to Join the Indian Army after 12th?
Students or candidates who have passed their 12th standard with minimum aggregate ranges from 50% to 55%. This completely depends upon the posts and their requirements. However, after the 12th many options are open for candidates in comparison to 10th pass candidates.
After clearing the 12th standard, candidates can become Soldier Technical, SKT/Clerk, and Soldier GD. For becoming a Soldier Technical, it is compulsory for a candidate to clear his or her 12th standard with science stream with Mathematics & English as a mandatory subject.
To become a Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms), a candidate has to complete his 12th standard with any stream (science, commerce, arts). The minimum percentage requirement is an aggregate of 60% and a minimum of 50% in each subject.
Posts Available After 12th Pass
|Soldier Technical||17 ½ – 23 Years|
|SKT/Clerk / Store Keeper||17 ½ – 23 Years|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant (Army Medical Corps) (biology & English mandatory)||17 ½ – 23 Years|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant Veterinary (Remount Veterinary Corps) (biology & English mandatory)||17 ½ – 23 Years|
How to Join the Indian Army after Graduation?
Students or candidates who want a more good post in the Indian Army or those candidates who have exceeded the age limit for posts after the 10th & 12th standards can apply after graduation.
Many students are confused in the post available after graduation from the Indian Army. Let’s look at the posts available:-
Posts Available After Graduation
Age Limit Criteria – 21 years to 27 years
- Surveyor Auto Carto (Engineer)
- SSC Tech
- TGC (Technical Graduate Course)
- TGC (Technical Graduate Course) (Education) – MA/MSc
- Education Havildar
- Religious Teacher (JCO)
- IMA (Non-Tech)
- SSC (Non-Tech)
- NCC (National Cadet Corps)
- JAG (Judge Advocate General)
- UES (University Entry Scheme)
Steps To Join the Indian Army
Following are the steps a candidate can apply to join the Indian Army:-
1. Registration – Register yourself on the official website.
2. Applying for the Posts – Apply for the posts available or apply for the latest recruitments.
3. Downloading Admit Card – After applying, your admit card will be available 7 days before the exam.
4. Physical Eligibility Test – A candidate has to give a physical eligibility test such as running before the written examination.
5. Medical Eligibility Test – Once a candidate clears his physical eligibility test, he has to appear for medical eligibility test. This test involves checking feet, teeth, hands, fingers, etc.
6. Written Exam – Once all these tests are cleared, the written exam is taken by the Authority. The written exam is held between 1 to 3 months. According to the merit list of the examination, candidates are selected for different posts.
If you are further interested in knowing more about this topic and want to seek some expert help, Contact:-