How to Become a Homeopathic Doctor?
In this article, you will find what is homeopathy and how to become a Homeopathic Doctor. You will know about the eligibility, courses available, top colleges, and many more about how to become a Homeopathic Doctor.
Homeopathy was founded in Germany by Samuel Hahnemann. Homeopathy was founded in 1796. However, Samuel Hahnemann received his medical degree in Erlangen in 1779.
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is derived from the Greek words ’ and ‘pathos’. In Greek ‘homeo’ means similar and ‘pathos’ means suffering or treatment. Homeopathic medicines are made of natural substances such as plants and minerals. Homeopathy medicine is the third most famous medicine after allelopathy and Ayurveda.
Homeopathy medicine is considered to be the alternative medicine, which is completely based on the theory that the human body has the capacity to cure itself. Homeopathic medicine usually takes more time to cure a patient than any other medicine. This is because homeopathic doctors find the root cause of the disease and it is made up of natural substances such as herbs, minerals, plants which helps to eliminate the cause of disease.
The main aim of homeopathy is to help the patients in such a way by knowing the root cause and enhancing the natural healing power of the human body.
Course to Become a Homeopathic Doctor
There are many types of courses available in homeopathy at different levels. Such as Certificate, Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree, and Masters Level. However, to become a Homeopathic Doctor, you have to start from the BHMS graduate Course.
BHMS stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. This program is a 5.5-year undergraduate program, which also includes a 1-year compulsory internship. Doing BHMS Program is mandatory to become a Homeopathic Doctor.
Eligibility Criteria for Becoming a Homeopathic Doctor / BHMS Program
To become a Homeopathic Doctor, a candidate or student has to do a BHMS PROGRAM. The eligibility criteria for this program are:-
- To study BHMS Program from any Indian college or university, a candidate or student has to clear his or her class 12th in science stream with PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) subjects.
- A basic minimum percentage requirement lies somewhere between 50% to 60%. However, the minimum percentage requirements can vary from University to University or College to College.
- A candidate should be of at least 17 years old.
Also, a candidate can also pursue a Master’s Degree. Eligibility for a Master’s Degree is that a candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in homeopathy from a recognized university or institution.
However, you can also pursue a Master’s Degree or PG in Homeopathy. This will help you to gain more knowledge and expertise in your subject and will also help your career to grow.
Top Entrance Exam for Taking Admission into Homeopathic
If you want to become any type of doctor and you want a government college, you first need to appear and clear the NEET UG Entrance Exam. Also, there are many other universities that offer their own entrance examination. So let’s look at the following entrance exams for Homeopathy:-
- National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) UG
- Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical (KEAM)
- Engineering, Agricultural, and Medical Common Entrance Test (Telangana and Andhra Pradesh) (EAMCET)
- Punjab University Common Entrance Test (PUCET)
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Common Entrance Test (BVP CET)
- Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (IPU CET)
Top Colleges for Doing BHMS Program
There are various colleges both public and private which offer students or candidates to do the BHMS Program. Some of them are listed below:-
- Government Homeopathic Medical College, Bangalore
- NaiminathHomoeopathic Medical College Hospital and Research Centre, Agra
- Khushilal Sharma Government Ayurveda College, Bhopal
- Kerala University of Health Sciences, Thrissur
- Lokmanya Homoeopathic Medical College, Pune
- The Calcutta Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Homoeopathic Medical College, Pune
- Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Memorial Health Science and Ayush, University of Chhattisgarh Raipur
- Sanskriti University, Mathura
- Chandaben Mohanbhai Patel Homoeopathic Medical College, Mumbai
- GD Memorial Homoeopathic Medical College and Hospital
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
Job Profiles after Doing BHMS Graduation
- Medical assistant
- Private practice
- Public health specialist
- Spa director
Some of the top recruiters are in the following fields:-
- Government/ private hospitals
- Healthcare community
- Medical colleges
- Pharmaceutical industries
- Life science industries
Pay Scale of a Homeopathic Doctor
Starting pay of a Homeopathic Doctor in a government sector varies from Rs.4 lakh per annum to Rs.5 lakh per annum. And the pay scale in the private sector varies from Rs.3 lakh per annum to Rs.4 lakh per annum.
However, with the increase in experience, the salary package also increases.
If you are further interested in knowing more about this topic and want to seek some expert help, Contact:-