DU releases the 2022-23 admission policy, CUET is mandatory

DU releases 2022-23 admission policy, CUET mandatory

The admission to UG Programs in DU, CUET is mandatory except the School of Open Learning and National Collegiate Women's Education Board

 All the candidates must appear in CUET 2022, including those seeking admission to additional seats. University will decide eligibility criteria based on marks obtained in CUET. 

The candidates can appear for CUET in six subjects, out of which one must be a language subject. The best score will get considered for admission. 

CUET 2022 will consist of three sections; the first section comprises two parts. 

  • The first part of CUET consists of 13 languages and 20 languages in the second part. 
  • The candidates must appear in at least one language for admission to Delhi University, out of both these parts combined.
  • The second section of the entrance exam consists of 27 domain-specific topics. The third section is based on General Knowledge for admission to BA Program only.

For admission in B.Sc programmes, DU will calculate the eligibility based on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology. However, 30 per cent of marks in any language are the qualifying criteria. 

For admission to Bachelor of Arts, a candidate will have to appear in the entrance test in any one language from section one and any three subjects from the other section. Merit will be calculated based on candidates’ marks in the same subject and language.

Candidates opting for language programmes can choose a particular language or take tests in any other language.

The 50 per cent reserved seats in minority colleges will take 85 per cent of marks for admission from the CUET, and colleges will decide the remaining 15 per cent. 

Admission to non-reserved 50 per cent seats will be based on CUET.

The candidates applying for the DU admission process need to register on the National Testing Agency website. In addition, they need to register on the DU website for centralised e-counselling. 

CUET is mandatory for DU Admissions too.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.