WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR JEE MAIN 2022?
As we all know that more and more students want to become engineers. In India, a lot of students pursue engineering. When we talk specifically about JEE Main, around 10 lakh to 12 lakh students appear for this examination every year.
More than 15 lakh students graduate as engineers every year. There are more than 84 institutes which accept JEE Main score and also there are some private universities as well which accept JEE Main scores.
Hence, students who want to take admission in good engineering colleges, they must have to study for JEE Main and clear this entrance examination for better future prospects.
In this article, you will get to learn more about JEE Main and its eligibility criteria.
What is JEE Main?
Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) MAIN 2022 will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) in multiple phases. This entrance examination is conducted 4 times a year i.e. February, March, April and May. JEE Mains 2022 will be held in computer based mode (except the drawing section of Paper 2 that is B.Arch., which is a pen and paper based exam).
JEE Main is the first step to take admission in the well-known IIITs, NITs and other more prestigious engineering institutes of the nation. More than 12 lakh students appear for JEE Main examination to clear and reach JEE Advanced for admissions.
This examination consists of multiple choice questions and is of 3 hours. The examination is divided into two papers – Paper 1 is for B.Tech / B.E and Paper 2 is for B.Arch. or B.Planning.
We expect the dates of JEE MAIN 2022 to be released soon.
It is also predicted that the National Testing Agency (NTA) can conduct JEE Main 2022 4 times. NTA JEE Main 2022 registered candidates will be able to download the JEE admit card from the official website. Also, it is advised that students must check the eligibility criteria mentioned by the NTA before registration.
Students who qualify JEE Main entrance exam, will be able to participate in the counseling process for taking admission into engineering colleges accepting JEE Main scores.
As stated above, JEE Main has 2 Papers. Paper 1 is for B.tech/B.E and Paper 2 is for B.Arch or B.Planning.
Eligibility and Mode of Examination differs for both of these Papers.
Mode of Examination
- Paper 1 :- Computer-Based Test
- Paper 2 :-
- Mathematics and Aptitude – Computer-Based Test
- Planning section (B.Plan) – Computer-Based Test
- Drawing test (B.Arch.) – Pen-and-Paper Based Exam
JEE MAIN ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2022
The eligibility criteria will include a list of requirements and conditions that students compulsorily have to meet. The NTA JEE MAIN 2022 eligibility criteria will make students eligible for the admission process.
We also advise students or candidates to check the eligibility criteria before filing the form. Students or candidates who fail to meet the eligibility criteria of JEE Main 2022 will be rejected at any stage of admission. Also, when we look at previous year’s criteria for JEE Main, 75% criteria is removed for NIT and IIIT admissions.
Eligibility Criteria: - JEE Main 2022
1. Qualifying Exam
Candidates or Students must have passed class 12th board examination or are qualifying the board exam in 2020 or 2021.
Students who are appearing for the class 12th board examination in the year 2022 are also eligible to apply for JEE Main 2022.
2. Age Limit
There is no age limit for the JEE Main entrance exam.
Students who have cleared his or her 12th board examination or those who are appearing for the board examination in the year 2022 can apply for JEE Main entrance exam.
3. Total Number Of Attempts
Students are allowed to appear for the JEE Main entrance exam for 3 consecutive years. This entrance test will be conducted four times a year.
4. Compulsory Subjects In Class 12th
To able to attempt this JEE Main entrance exam, students should must have the following subjects in his or her 12th Standard:-
tech / B.E – The mandatory subjects students must have pass the qualifying exam are:-
- Any one of (Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject)
Arch. – The mandatory subjects students must have pass the qualifying exam are:-
Plan – The students should have pass the qualifying exam with the subject:-
5. Admission Criteria for IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs
For admissions into IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs, the candidates should have secured minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ST category candidates) or should fall under the top 20 percentile of their respective boards.
Should have scored 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2 or equivalent.
Let’s look at some of the more information on Eligibility Criteria:-
Qualifying Exam: JEE Main 2022
In this section of the article, you will get to know that even if you have only one of these qualifications, you can appear for JEE Main 2022.
- Cleared Class 12th Board Examination conducted by any recognized Central/ State Board, such as :- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (ISCE), New Delhi, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi etc.
- The final exam of the 2 years course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy.
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University exam conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of a minimum of three years duration.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC) Vocational Examination.