B.Tech (Bachelors of Technology) – Course Details, Best Courses, Admission Process, Entrance Exams, Top Colleges, Salary and Further Study Options
Engineering courses are very popular among students. In B.Tech Course Most of the students who choose Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics (PCM) in 12th standard, aim to become engineers.
And if you are a science stream student and wish to pursue a B.tech course, in this article, you will know everything about this course.
So, keep on reading this article to gain knowledge about the B.Tech course.
What is B.Tech?
Bachelors of Technology or B.Tech is an undergraduate degree. This course is a 4 years program. Students who have completed their 12th standard with the science stream are eligible. There are hundreds of colleges both private and public in India which offer B.Tech courses.
This program provides students with both theoretical and practical knowledge. In B.tech, students have to specialize themselves in a particular field. Let’s take a look at the best courses of B.tech programmes available.
Best Courses of B.tech:-
If you are looking for top branches of engineering or the best course in B.tech, give a look at the following engineering courses:-
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Information Technology Engineering
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
B.tech Admission Process
If you are wondering about the admission process, it is not easy. The admission process is completely based on entrance exam marks and ranks. However 12th standard marks are also considered when the final list is prepared for admissions. After that, a counseling round is done and candidates are offered admission.
Top Entrance Exams for B.Tech
Because engineering is a highly competitive field, so are its entrance exams. Every year more than 11 lakh students appear for these entrance exams. These entrance exams are taken both at national, state levels and university. Those who perform well, get admission in good colleges and universities. So, let’s take a look at the top engineering entrance exams:-
- JEE Main – Joint Entrance Examination – Main
- JEE Advanced – Joint Entrance Exam – Advanced
- VITEEE – VIT Engineering Entrance Examination
- WBJEE – West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination
- SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Examination (SRMJEEE)
- The consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) UGET
- UPSEE – Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination
- BITSAT – Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- KIITEE (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) Entrance Exam
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (SITEEE)
Top Colleges for B.Tech
Let’s take a look at the top colleges to pursue B.Tech are:-
Top Institutes includes the IIT’s of our country which is Government affiliated:-
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Gandhi Nagar
- IIT Ropar-Rupnagar
- IIT Patna
Other Top Private Institute Includes:-
- BITS Pilani
- VIT University, Vellore
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRMIST), Chennai
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- KIIT Bhubaneswar
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Patiala
- PSG College of Technology (PSGCT), Coimbatore
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering, Mumbai
When we talk about the average salary of a B.Tech graduate, it lies between Rs. 10 lakh per annum to Rs. 15 lakh per annum. However, it completely depends on the branch of Engineering and also from which institute you are pursuing B.Tech. Also, with an increase in experience, the salary package also increases. Also, there is no limit to which a salary package can increase for an engineer.
Further Study Options
MBA – The most common and preferable option after doing B. Tech is MBA. MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration. This is a post-graduation program that is for 2 years. For doing an MBA, candidates have to appear in Examinations like- CAT, XAT, MAT, CMAT, or other popular MBA entrance exams.
M.Tech – This is also a postgraduate degree program. M.tech stands for Masters of Technology which is a 2-year course. Candidates do M.tech to gain more knowledge and to become experts in their fields. Students who wish to do M.tech in Top IITs and NITs have to appear for the GATE – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. There are also other exams for taking admission into different colleges and universities.
If you are further interested in knowing more about this topic and want to seek some expert help, Contact:-
Sunanda Rao, Career Counselor