This essay competition is held under the theme ‘How to make best during the virtual classes’ or ‘ Our duties toward the Nation in this COVID era’.
Students of Classes 5-12 desirous to participate in the online Republic Day 2022 essay competition can send their entries till Jan 27 to www.thecareerbeacon.in
The theme is designed in the essay will help students to explore their ideas for translating the concept of Managing in COVID, self-reliance into achievable one.
The essay competition is meant for students of Secondary and Higher Secondary Stages from schools under CBSE, KVS, NVS, NIOS and All School boards/SCERTs at the State/UT Level.
- V to VII ( Upper Primary
- VIII to X (Secondary Stage)
- XI to XII (Higher Secondary Stage)
Word Limits of Essay for each theme
- For the Upper Primary (Class V & VII) the essay should be within 400* word limits
- For the Secondary Stage (Class VIII & X) the essay should be within 500* word limits
- For the Higher Secondary Stage (Class XI &XII) the essay should be within 800* word limits
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Competition is open to all citizens of India only.
- A participant can send one entry only. In case it is found that any participant has submitted more than one entry, all the entries will be considered as invalid.
- The entry should be original. Copied entries will not be considered under the contest.
- The participant must be the same person who has written the write-up and plagiarism would not be accepted.
- Please note that the Essay must be original and should not violate any provision of the Indian Copyright Act, 1957.
- Anyone found infringing on others’ copyright would be disqualified from the competition.
- Mention of the authors name/emails, etc. anywhere in the body of the essay will lead to disqualification.
- This includes details such as name, photo, complete postal address, email ID and phone number. Entries with incomplete profiles would not be considered.
CRITERIA OF SELECTION
- Selection of the best essay will be taken up at two levels. Firstly, SCERTs may form a committee of experts to examine the entries at the state/UT level and select the 10 best entries.
- Next, the selected 10 essays from each state/UT will become a pool of selected essays for final selection at the national level by a team of experts selected by NCERT.
- All the entries received within the due date will be placed before a Selection Committee for final selection. The decision of the Selection Committee will be final and binding on all the contestants.
CRITERIA OF EVALUATION
The write-ups will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Central Theme – contextual (20%)
- Coherence and organization in structure (20%)
- Creativity (40%)
- Clarity in language expression and Style (20%)
CERTIFICATION AND AWARD
Attractive prizes shall be announced shortly for the national level entries. However, participation certificates shall be jointly issued by Judges and the Career Beacon for all participants who submit their essays.
The results will be announced on 31st January 22.
Please stay tuned as we shall be announcing our next event Online Elocution Competition.