Will Foreign University Education for Indian Students Regain Momentum In 2022-2023?
There are a lot of students who wish to pursue further studies abroad. Pandemic has completely ruined the dreams of students to study in a Foreign University. Let’s know how far covid-19 pandemic has hit and will foreign university education for Indian students regain momentum in 2022-2023.
In 2020, outburst of covid-19 has poured water on dreams of Indian students who wish to study in foreign universities. It was something that no one could imagine. It was a gap that hit hard on the education of students. Pandemic really hit hard and foreign universities have deferred their applicants’ admissions to the next academic session.
As we all know, it is very difficult for other countries or India to change their policies when it comes to international students.
However, to make sure that students do not face any problem and they can study smoothly, the government and foreign universities are making it as easy as possible for foreign students to study abroad. There are constant changes in travel restrictions and laws, so that students can study in a foreign university without any tension.
Students hoped that there will be a relief from covid-19 in 2021, but nothing like that happened. So, students are hoping that in 2022 and 2023, foreign university education in India will regain momentum.
Admission To Fall for Coming Year
Students are reconsidering their applications from foreign universities because of lack of clarity about the situation, will it be improved or not.
Foreign universities have come to common solutions, they offer prerecorded lectures, live online classes, online assignments, open book examinations etc. until circumstances are improved. Traditional mode of teaching is still not possible in these situations.
But Indian students have a lot of enthusiasm to study in a foreign university. They know about the pandemic situation but they also know that the situation will be improved. Hence, they will get an opportunity to study abroad.
Easy Process of Foreign University
Taking admission in Foreign University is not an easy task. It requires a lot of documentation. We all know that, to get an admission in foreign university, we have to clear some tests like IELTS, SAT, GMAT, GRE and TOEFL but some of the universities have waived their requirements for these tests. Also, many of the universities have reduced or many of them have waive off fees for several courses.
This has been a good approach for foreign university education to make students stress free.
So, I think that foreign university education in India will definitely regain its momentum by 2022 and 2023.
Change Of Plan
India has achieved the target of vaccinating more than 100 crore people. As vaccination has gained momentum, foreign universities are welcoming Indian students with open arms.
The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (which handles the application process for British universities) has noted a 30 per cent increase in undergraduate university applications despite precautionary travel restrictions,” says Adarsh Khandelwal, co-founder, College, an educational consultancy dealing with studying abroad.
As foreign universities have waived requirements of English language proficiency tests like- IELTS, SAT, GMAT, GRE and TOEFL, more and more Indian students feel confident about studying in a foreign university.
What is a hybrid plan? – Many of the foreign universities offer hybrid plans to students. Hybrid plans give students an opportunity to start a course in India and finish it in another country.
If you are willing to study in a foreign university, some things you should consider are: –
1. What are Pros and Cons of studying abroad?
Pros Of Studying Abroad
- Learning a new foreign language – This will help you to improve your language skills. This can be very helpful for your career because you never know where and what kind of language you will need to work in. This also helps to give one more star in your CV. You can have better job opportunities and it can also be fun for many of us to learn new languages.
- Confidence – Studying abroad can boost your confidence because you will have to face many challenges once you leave your own country. You will also experience new things. And once you can overcome these things, automatically you will gain confidence.
- Advanced Level of Education – If you get admission into a good foreign university, you will get a great opportunity for advanced learning and education techniques. This will give you a really good experience and it will also improve your learning.
- Change In Your Life – Yes, your life will completely change if you study abroad. You will have to get out of your comfort zone and adapt to the new lifestyle in a new country. You will learn how to become independent and how to be more responsible. Your parents can’t come after you all the time. You have to be more independent as- you have to manage your finances, you have to cook yourself, you have to wash your clothes yourself. This will give you a sense of responsibility and you will become really independent.
Cons Of Studying Abroad
- Expensive – Studying abroad is quite expensive. You need to have enough money to be able to manage your daily chores. So, you need to have enough money in order to avoid running out of money in a foreign country after a while.
- Communication Problem – If you are not good at the domestic language, you will face issues in communication. So, if you wish to study abroad, learn that language, so that you don’t face problems communicating with others.
- Homesickness – You have to be mentally prepared so that you don’t miss your family and friends that much. Many students are unable to understand and manage their new lifestyle and feel homesick.
2. What are the best countries to study abroad from India?
There are many countries which offer a quality education. Let’s know about 3 countries other than UK & US, which can be affordable and give quality education: –
- Canada- There are a wide variety of courses you can study in Canada. The cost of education in Canada is cheaper as compared to other countries. There are many scholarships available for international students. Students also have the opportunity to work off campus on a part time basis.
- Germany- They offer almost free education to international students. Cost of living can be expensive but the cost of education is almost zero. There are many scholarships for Indian Students.
- Singapore- They provide many education courses. The cost of education and cost of living is quite reasonable. Government pays 75% of the tuition fees for international students and in return students have to work for 3 years in their country.
We can conclude that- as there are many types of relaxation available by foreign universities, foreign university education in India will obviously gain momentum in the year 2022 and 2023. Many universities also offer hybrid plans.
If you wish to study abroad, you need to take into account the best countries with quality education and reasonable education expenses. And also, you need to know the pros and cons of studying abroad, so that you can be mentally prepare yourself.