FOLLOW YOUR PASSION – AND ONLY YOUR PASSION: –
Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you
What is Passion?
Passion is a feeling of great eagerness towards or compelling aspiration for something or someone. In simple words, passion is a strong emotion or feeling of enthusiasm about something or someone. We also say that: – Follow your passion, and success will follow you!
What is the meaning of success or being successful?
When we talk about success the only thing that comes to mind is “money”. Success is often misunderstood as how much money a person makes. But being wealthy doesn’t satisfy success. Success is defined as achieving a goal or aim of life. Making money is always considered secondary. Also, when a person decides to follow his/her passion they are more likely to be successful. Because the time and effort that has been put into the work comes from the heart.
Why Passion is Important?
So, why it is important? When people follow their passion, people more positively handle all problems and situations. They think of doing better rather than making money. Also, they tend to be more successful because they are always open for self-improvement. Passion is key to happiness.
Let’s look at some reasons why following your passion is important: –
1. Personal freedom and simplified life: – Following our passion helps us to attain personal freedom and a simplified life. You get personal freedom because you do what we want. You get a simplified life as you have no pressure from your boss. You can work freely. You can work as you wish.
2. Gaining more self-confidence by greater self-awareness: – We have a lot of pressure from our family, friends and society. This pressure is just because we are not doing something that everyone else is doing. This lets us think if we are doing the right thing? This drains our self-confidence. You don’t have to listen to what others say. You need to introspect. You need to recognize your strengths and weaknesses. This will give you deep knowledge about yourself. This leads to greater self-awareness and self-confidence.
3. Empowerment: – Increased self-confidence will help you to unite your interests, strengths and passion.
4. Love that we work: – There are many people who work in a job that they don’t like. They are just stuck. They want to leave the job but they can’t. So, when you work that you love, you will definitely get success.
5. Career growth and success: – By the time you will gain more expertise in your field. When you work what you love, this can lead to expeditious promotion in your career as well as your life.
6. Professional Freedom: – You can be your own boss. You have professional freedom as you can decide what to do and what not to.
7. Satisfactory life: – You have an overall satisfaction as you work what you love. Because your work becomes life. The joy we experience in doing our work reflects in your life as well.
People who followed their passion and became successful: –
There are many people who followed their passion and became very successful. Some of them are as follows: –
1. Walt Disney – He was an entrepreneur, writer, animator, voice actor, film producer. He is the one who created cartoons. Before he was an entrepreneur, he was an ambulance driver in France during World War 1. He then worked as a newspaper editor. He was fired for having no good idea and lack of imagination. Losing his job was the key to follow his passion. He followed his passion and created a very successful cartoon series.
2. Steve Jobs – Founder of the company Apple i.e. Late Steve Jobs. Apple is one of the most successful companies in the world. In an article Jobs was asked that – “The first principle? “Do what you love.” He replied that “People with passion can change the world for the better.” He was a man who believed in the power of passion. He believed that people with passion can change the world.
3. Mark Zuckerberg – He is the CEO of Facebook. In the book The Facebook Effect: The Inside Story of the Company That is Connecting the World, written by David Kirkpatrick: – He listed many characteristics of Zuckerberg which made Facebook successful. One of the characteristics he listed was that he followed his passion, not money. He also wants people to follow your happiness.
4. Chris Gardner – He was a homeless man who turned into a multi-millionaire stockbroker. He was also featured in a movie – The Pursuit of Happiness. Movie in which he was featured expressed what he believed to become successful. His secret was “find something you love to do so much you can’t wait for the sun to rise to do it all over again.
Now I hope that it is clear that, Passion is something that will give you happiness. It will make no difference in your life and work. It helps us to follow what we love to do. Following your Passion is very important because it helps you to have a simplified life with freedom. It gives you confidence to empower yourself. It also gives you a satisfactory life. There are many people who follow their passion and become very successful.
So always remember that: – Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.